Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Murder Xmas in July

So late last year, Chris asked me to write an adventure about evil Santa Claus. I hesitated.

I don’t like Christmas, at all.

David Lewis Johnson


(Being an atheist, queer, transwoman without family ties would be enough. However, I’ve worked in retail for the majority of my life so I extra super fucking hate xmas.)

Then I was just like, fuck it. I wanna do this, but make it fucking terrifying. Like why would you want a campy, softcore xmas adventure? I dunno, I guess folks do. But I sure as shit didn’t want to write that.

Shortly thereafer, I got flooded with inspirational/aspirational artwork, and the goddamned thing bled out of me in a single arterial spurt.


Thomas Novosel
Cédric Plante


Then everyone else involved helped me make it so, so much better. (Especially you Liz!)

Now, “Santa is Dead” has been nominated for a fucking Ennie, in the Free Product Category. Which is a little crazy. It’s a seasonal product from a first time publisher… like this situation is surprising.

Until you look at the team Chris assembled.


And, if you have a few bucks to spare, the money “Santa is Dead” earns goes to a great cause.







*****

What's an Ennie? It's basically like the Gen Con award. One of the bigger awards, I think, in the industry. It is somehow vaguely associated with that ENworld website. I am still not sure what ENworld is. 
So yeah, it's the Gen Con award, and is based on fan voting. So if you are a fan, please vote.